Friday 1 April 2016

Meet the Model: Sam Malekout

Today we're talking to Sam Malekout, one of our Commercial male & fitness models.
Sam is always in great shape and keeps himself busy with lots of modelling work, and we spoke to him about how he became a model and what makes him tick.



Tell us a bit about yourself?
I was originally training to be an Accountant. After doing a series of office jobs, I decided this type of work wasn't for me so I decided to try modelling just for fun back in 2007.  With a pretty dull first set of images and limited knowledge of the industry, I didn't really see my career going anywhere at all.
In 2012, things started to change when I really started to look in more depth at my portfolio and how I could improve.  This led to me being booked more often and subsequently I started to model full-time. 
 I have a Track & Field background (400m, 400m hurdle, Long Jump and Javelin) so I do some sports modelling as well.  I wouldn't really say  have a typical 'model' personality.  I can be quiet at first but lovely when you get to know me.
 One yet unfulfilled ambition is to sing or to be part of a band.  Lets see what 2016 and the future holds!



What inspired you to become a model?
I wasn't accepted to work for a high-profile US brand for unknown reasons even to this day - that made me so determined to do it and prove them wrong. It's also rewarding and a flexible way to earn a living.

Is a jaffa cake a biscuit or a cake?
As Marjorie Dawes would say...'Caaaaaake, I just love a bit of Caaaaake'!!!


Which celebrity do you wish you were best friends with?
Dame Kelly Holmes or Jessica Ennis MBE - normal girls who have proved what hard work and self belief can do for you.



What are you currently reading
I am not really a big reader but if I am honest, some of my old Uni Maths notes.  I was thinking of doing some teaching in my spare time.  It's rewarding to pass something on to other people particularly with something like Mathematics

Who is your favourite designer & why?
Gucci - I love their style, colours amd the feel of the product when wearing it.

What did you have for breakfast?
A banana and some cereal.  Sometimes I will have a glass of lemon water slightly heated.





If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
London is a good place to live but also Dubai.  I was lucky enough to have gone in 2014  and it took me a few weeks to get back to reality. 


What’s your guilty treat?
A bacon and cheese burger at Byron's.
  Every now and then you've gotta have a treat.

Who would play you in a film of your life?
Not sure about that, is there anyone that crazy? Joking!  
Maybe I would have to play myself. I haven't changed a great deal over the years. 

instagram: @samueld.m

See more of Sam's portfolio and stats at www.rmg-models.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment